“Unconscious family loyalties and unresolved traumas are carried in the words we speak,
the symptoms we express and the body defenses we unknowingly construct.”
- Diagnosis and Resolution in Individual Sessions
- The Principles and Practice of Bert Hellinger’s Family Constellations
- The Core Language Approach
- Treatment of Persistent Symptoms and Chronic Conditions
- The Anatomy of Relationships
Inherited Family Trauma:
Diagnosis and Resolution
in Individual Sessions
Unconscious family influences underlie many of the physical, emotional and psychological symptoms we experience. Without the root cause in view, our therapeutic interventions can only scratch the surface. Once we know how to navigate this unconscious territory, we can begin to shift long-standing patterns of suffering and unhappiness.
“Mark’s uncanny ability to uncover the essential dynamics operating beneath physical complaints is nothing short of miraculous.” – Bruce Hoffman, The Hoffman Centre for Integrative Medicine
“Mark took my practice, understanding, scope and depth of this work to a whole new level.”
– Felice Laurel, Family Constellation Facilitator
“This model of therapy has provided me with valuable answers to some of the most complicated questions, both personally and professionally.” – Gemma Stone, Registered Clinical Psychologist
Intake as Intervention
San Francisco – November 15-18, 2014
The problem, as well as the solution, is often revealed within the first moments of interaction. If we listen only to our client’s story, we risk following our clients into the places where they perpetuate their issues and remain stuck. However if we know how to get to the core or fundamental driving force behind the issue, we can implement the most potent solutions.
In this training, students will learn how to quickly expose the root causes behind many of the emotions, behaviors, fears and reactive patterns that keep us mired in our daily lives. Students will learn to explore words, fears, symptoms and body language in a way which not only illuminates the core issue, but also the specific and essential skills and resources necessary for a thorough resolution. Students will learn how to identify the unconscious loyalties, unresolved traumas and hidden dynamics that contribute to patterns of illness, unhappiness and dissatisfaction, as well as learn practical and safe interventions to deepen a client’s healing process.
In this training, you will:
- Learn The Core Language Approach® — a specific method of questioning designed to quickly reveal the source of an issue
- Learn how to track the words, fears, symptoms, and body language that lead to unresolved traumas
- Learn how to recognize the Core Language® beneath a client’s story
- Learn to identify the systemic dynamics that underlie a client’s main issue
- Learn how to track a client’s family history back to an unresolved traumatic event in the system
- Learn how to work with chronic illness and persistent medical conditions
- Provide clients with a context for understanding the physical, psychological and emotional symptoms they’ve been experiencing.
- Provide clients with new images for resolution
Effective Resolutions in Individual Sessions
San Francisco – January 17-20, 2015
For many of us, the effects of unresolved trauma blend into our words, emotions, reactions and choices in ways we never even think to question. In this level, students will learn how to work with trauma, specifically how to shift the story-image of a sexual, war or family trauma. Students will receive hands-on training inconstructing a visceral, three-dimensional healing experience that allows a new image with new sensations to take root in the client’s body. Each time the new image is revisited, an opening is created in the body for greater ease and expansion. Students will learn how to design individualized homework assignments that allow these new images and sensations to anchor in the client’s body and deepen the experience of an expanded sense of self. Students will also learn how to restore the aliveness to a damaged, empty or strained relationship with the parents.
In this training, students will:
- Learn how to construct visceral, three-dimensional resolutions in one-on-one sessions
- Learn how to use dialogue, imagery, ritual and healing sentences as tools for reconciliation
- Learn how to resource clients through body-awareness, body-sensation and breathing techniques
- Learn how to design client homework assignments to anchor an intervention
- Learn how to help clients break long-standing patterns of illness, fear and unhappiness
Foundations of Bert Hellinger’s Systemic Approach
This training is designed to provide a working knowledge of the principles, practical aspects and applications of Bert Hellinger’s phenomenological approach to working with family systems. Together we will construct a systemic lens through which students can explore their personal as well as their clients’ most complex and difficult issues. Students will learn to expand the traditional “family tree” to include those members whose exclusion or rejection caused discord in the family system. Topics will include: Bonding and Belonging in Families, Unconscious Loyalty, The 70 Orders of Love, Systemic Identification, Traumatic Repetition and The Four Unconscious Themes that keep us mired in destructive patterns. Upon completion, students will be able to begin to apply systemic principles in their own practices with groups, couples or individuals.
The University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Social Work
The Phenomenological Family Systems Therapy of Bert Hellinger
Considered one of the most innovative psychotherapists in the world today, Bert Hellinger has revolutionized the heart and soul of family systems therapy. His phenomenological approach to healing uses “family constellations” to expose the hidden and often destructive dynamics in family systems. With deep respect for what he terms, “the Orders of Love,” possible solutions and healing resources can be implemented. Hellinger’s approach to family therapy is practiced in more than 30 countries around the world. For further information about Hellinger and his publications, visit hellinger.com.
Family constellation is a 60-minute group process that has the power to affect generations of suffering and unhappiness. This process allows people to untangle themselves from unconscious loyalties and offers a profound, concrete, and lasting solution. Through this significantly experiential workshop, you will be:
- Introduced to Hellinger’s phenomenological approach to family systems group therapy, its principles, and theoretical understanding
- Able to identify the theoretical differences between Hellinger’s work and other models of group and family systems therapy
- Able to personally experience family constellation work, either as clients, participants, or observers
- Able to identify ways that Hellinger’s family systems therapy can be implemented in clinical practices with groups, couples, or individuals
CEUs: 6 hours (LSW, Psych, NBCC, CAC)
The Core Language Approach®
The language of our deepest fears—our Core Language® – can stem from an unresolved trauma in our family history. It can also stem from a trauma in our childhood. For many of us, the effects of trauma blend into our words, emotions, reactions and choices in ways we never even think to question. The Core Language Approach® quickly exposes the root causes and effectively resolves issues at their source.
In this training, therapists will learn a specific method of questioning and interviewing designed to quickly identify the core trauma underlying a client’s issue. Therapists will also learn how to implement practical and effective resolutions. The Core Language Approach® has the power to interrupt the cycle of generations of suffering and unhappiness.
Treatment of Persistent Symptoms and Chronic Conditions
Unspoken family loyalties can express in myriad physical, emotional and psychological symptoms. For medical treatment to be optimally effective, our family connection must be explored. In this training, we will learn how to work with the effects of trauma in this generation and in previous generations. We will learn how to identify the family dynamics that contribute to physical symptoms, as well as how to work with persistent symptoms and chronic conditions.
The Anatomy of Relationships
Are you free to love? Many of us experience our greatest challenge in the area of relationships. We find ourselves repeating familiar patterns in spite of our best efforts to change them. We might attack, withdraw, leave or be left, only to find the pattern re-emerging with our next partner. When we can gain insight into the forces that influence relationships on a subconscious level—silent sabotage, hidden family loyalties, invisible identifications—we can open new ways of being with ourselves and with others.
In this training you will learn:
- What influences relationship choices on a subconscious level
- The four unconscious themes operating when relationships struggle
- Twenty invisible dynamics that can erode intimacy
- Three ways relationships can be significantly damaged or significantly strengthened
- How to preserve aliveness and establish your full weight with a partner
Certification through the Institute does not imply excellence in facilitating family constellations. No training program can confer the soul and artistry that comes with experience and integrity in facilitating this work. We have done our best to provide our students a firm foundation on which their skills and passion for the work can grow. Providing students with a valuable learning opportunity is our priority.Certification means (a) the student showed up, and (b) the student completed the required course work in a satisfactory manner. Certification is not an endorsement by the institute; it is an acknowledgement of the student’s effort in completing the program coursework and a good faith acknowledgement of his or her engagement with the family systems work of Bert Hellinger. In a way, completing the course is like getting a driver’s license: the student knows enough to begin facilitating in a responsible way. The Bert Hellinger Institute of Western Pennsylvania does not endorse nor assume any responsibility for actions, non-actions, words or behavior of any of its students, certified or otherwise.
(Human Systems Institute)
Disclaimer of Liability
Please note that The Hellinger Institute of Western Pennsylvania, The Hellinger Institute of Northern California, The Hellinger Learning Center and Mark Wolynn do not assume any responsibility for, nor are they liable for, the actions, non-actions, words or behaviors of facilitators associated with or trained by Mark Wolynn or the above institutes. For that reason, Mark Wolynn and the above institutes cannot warrant or endorse the services provided by other trainers or facilitators.